VC – Visitor Centre
CNB – Czech National Bank
These Visitor Rules apply to all indoor exhibition areas and adjacent facilities in the Czech National Bank building in Prague that are a part of the CNB Visitor Centre.
Exhibition areas and adjacent facilities of the CNB Visitor Centre:
The exhibition areas and adjacent facilities open to the public in the building of the Czech National Bank (hereinafter the "CNB") that are part of the CNB Visitor Centre (hereinafter the "VC") are defined in the maps below (hereinafter the "VC premises"). Areas considered inaccessible to VC visitors are any areas outside the VC and any areas within the VC marked as such, as well as areas that are locked or defined as such using another barrier preventing entry (e.g. tape, a rope barrier, or express instructions by CNB staff).
The maximum capacity of a school group for individual programmes is determined by the programme and is always stated in the reservation system of the Czech National Bank Visitor Centre at www.nc.cnb.cz. Teachers are responsible for all other members of the school group and any persons in their care during the entire duration of the school group's presence in the VC or during participation in VC accompanying programmes, including those taking place outside the VC premises.
VC visitor's obligations:
- Visitors may not enter areas not open to visitors or remain there unless expressly stated otherwise by relevant CNB staff in a specific case.
- Minors under 15 years of age may only enter the VC if accompanied by a legal guardian, a person obliged to exercise supervision or another adult exercising due supervision of the minor.
- Visitors are obliged to keep the VC premises clean and in order and act in accordance with applicable legal regulations and good manners.
- During their visit to the VC premises, visitors are obliged to behave in such a way as to avoid endangering their own lives or health or the lives or health of other persons as a result of their actions. They are also obliged to behave in such a way as to avoid damaging CNB property or the property of other persons as a result of their actions.
- Visitors are obliged to handle the interactive exhibits and other VC equipment in accordance with the instructions provided or directions from VC staff, or in accordance with standard use.
- Visitors are obliged to follow the instructions of VC staff. If a visitor fails to follow the instructions or comply with the prohibitions, they may be ordered off the premises.
- If a visitor witnesses an event in which another person dies on the premises of the VC, a person is injured (including the visitor him/herself), any defect of an exhibit or other VC equipment or a situation endangering the life, health or property of the visitor or other persons, or if he/she learns of such event, he/she is obliged to report it.
- In the VC, personal items are to be stored in lockers only. The CNB is not responsible for items stored elsewhere.
- In the event of evacuation, VC visitors shall comply with the emergency guidelines for the building of the Czech National Bank, Na Příkopě 28, Prague 1.
The following is prohibited:
- Smoking or handling open fire in any part of the VC premises.
- Throwing any objects from the VC premises through windows, doors or other apertures in the walls, or throwing objects down from galleries or elevated places in the VC premises.
- Bringing dangerous chemicals, guns, knives and other dangerous items into the VC premises. If there is any doubt regarding the dangerous nature of an item, members of the bank police force shall decide.
- Entering the VC under the influence of alcohol, intoxicating, psychotropic or addictive substances, unless used as prescribed to the visitor by a doctor.
- Consuming alcohol, narcotic, psychotropic or addictive substances in the VC premises, unless used in the manner prescribed to the visitor by a doctor.
- Eating and drinking in the VC outside the designated areas.
- Entering the VC premises and moving within them with any animals (except for guide and assistance dogs for disabled persons).
- Entering the VC with oversized luggage.
- Handling the VC exhibits, interactive exhibits or other equipment not designated for use by visitors or marked out of order.
- Taking any of the VC exhibits, interactive exhibits or other equipment off the VC premises or moving them within the VC premises unless they are designated for that purpose.
- Entering the VC premises with in-line skates, bicycles, scooters, skateboards, etc.
Indoor CCTV camera system:
The premises are continuously monitored using the CNB's camera system with recording.
Processing of personal data:
The CNB processes personal data. More detailed information can be found in the Information about the processing of personal data available at
Enjoy your visit to the CNB Visitor Centre.